Wild West and Wild Card’s Campaigns of the Year
What a year it’s been for Wild West Comms and Wild Card. We have worked with many great brands, made headlines across the red tops, broadsheets and airwaves. We have created strategically aligned influencer and brand partnerships, significantly increased our clients’ social media reach and engagement rates; made connections for start-ups; driven sales via Facebook promotional campaigns, developed experiential events bringing brand storytelling to life… and had a lot of fun along the way.
As a way of celebrating the brilliant work developed by the teams, both Wild West and Wild Card have annual awards in a number of categories. The most sort-after award is the coveted Campaign of the Year.
This year, we had four major contenders at Wild West Comms:
- The Nare, and the flowering of the Agave
- Forthglade’s Prep for Pup campaign with TV Vet Steve Leonard
- Ginsters and the launch of its new consumer proposition and livery
- Kelly’s Cone-ish Pasty
Each campaign generated extensive national media reach with strong branded storytelling, but there could only be one winner…
And the winner of the 2018 Wild West Campaign of the Year goes to…
Kelly’s Cone-ish Pasty. A clever-combination of two of the county’s most-loved exports – ice cream and pasties; we developed and launched the Cone-ish Pasty – a sweet and crumbly pastry, used like a cone to hold and highlight the wonderfully rich and creamy Kelly’s Cornish ice cream. Activity includinga consumer activation in central London which saw the public queuing down the South Bank to try a Cone-ish Pasty; we worked with brand ambassadors Dick and James Strawbridge for recipe content and impressive videography; and extended our premium messaging by launching Kelly’s Instagram.
For the Wild Card shortlist four campaigns in the running were:
- The Tilda Ricestaurant, our pop up ‘freestyle cooking’ restaurant
- The Big Broth for Centrepoint, a multi channel campaign to bring people together over soup parties to raise money for the homeless.
- Gin Mare’s Ginettone, a partnership we forged with Theo Randall for a different take on a Gin tinged Panettone that we gained listings for in Harvey Nichols
- Highland Spring – and support for the launch of the Eco Bottle
- The Breakfast Break for the New York Bakery Co, all about challenging traditional breakfast consumption choices
Our Wild Card winner was…
The Breakfast Break campaign for the New York Bakery co, where the centrepiece was the authentic New York style Bagel shop we created and built in Shoreditch as a hub for media briefings, influencer partnerships, social content flow and consumer families to come and try a range of free NYC style bagels. Fully integrated delivery and 90 media attendees on day one of our Bank Holiday weekend opening period, followed by a relevant news campaign joined the dots for this one.
Well done team – it was a corker of a year!